Delicious Stuffed Avocado Recipe
Stuffed Avocado Ingredients
- 2 whole medium avocados
- •2 cups medium to large shrimp, uncooked and thawed
- •5 cloves garlic, minced
- •Olive oil
- •Coarse sea salt, to taste
- •Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- •Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- •Chili powder
- •Half of a lemon or lime
Stuffed Avocado Preparation Instructions
- Half the avocado and take the pit out.
- Scrap out most of the meat, leaving a very thin layer to hold up the shell better. Set aside.
- Chop up the meat into squares and place in a bowl. With your hands, squish the squares a little bit, to crush some but so that most keep their shape. Set aside.
- In a pan, place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the minced garlic and the shrimp.
- Add a dash of coarse sea salt, and over low heat, cook just until the shrimp turn pink. Do not overcook, or they’ll be dry and hard.
- Pour the shrimp with garlic and olive oil into the bowl with the avocado pieces.
- Add some chopped parsley or cilantro and mix well. (If you want to incorporate some chili powder for extra flavor, do so now before mixing.)
- Spoon the mixture into the avocado shells, sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper, and garnish with additional parsley/cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately.