Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe
Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo or rosamarina pasta (4 1/2 oz)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe Preparation Instructions
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat broth and chicken to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove chicken to cutting board. Skim fat from broth, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, carrots and celery in oil, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add cooked vegetables, pasta and water to saucepan with broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken and parsley to soup; heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper.